An Elegy For Nelson MandelaDearest Tata Madiba, may you rest in peace,An Elegy For Nelson Mandela by ~NathanielFlyingOwl
Your time on Earth is done and your life was well-lived.
By your efforts, people of South Africa and-
Throughout the world now see the forest for the trees;
Countless millions know the evils of racism
And experience gratitude for your lessons.
Humble, forgiving Tata, your legacy lives;
What is lovingly known as Madiba Magic
Still lingers in the hearts of those who admire you
And it is my prayer that this legacy of yours
Shall continue to teach future generations
Until that fateful day the earth no longer spins.
Character Profile: Trigger Valentine1. Trigger ValentineCharacter Profile: Trigger Valentine by ~NathanielFlyingOwl
3. Hair/eyes: Black/brown
4. Height/weight: 6'2"/200 lbs.
5. Race: Black South African
6. Medical conditions? None
7. Superpower: can shape-shift into a hyena-human form with super strength, heightened senses, and unlimited healing abilities
8. General attire: Most often a pair of cargo pants and a tank top
9. Where from? Johannesburg, South Africa
10. Occupation: Private detective and police consultant in paranormal issues, with some security as required.
11. Education: No formal education, but self-taught in public affairs, business application, and paranormal theory and application. Also experienced in fighting technique from years on the streets of Johannesburg and Cape Town.
13. Religious Views: Devout non-denominational Christian
14. Political views: Basically the people before the government
15. Family history: Only child, parents died when he was young lived by himself on the streets.
16. What drives him: His love for God and people
Basic Character Profile1. NameBasic Character Profile by ~NathanielFlyingOwl
5. Race/ Species(if necessary)
6. Medical Conditions?
7. General attire
8. Where from?
13. Political views?
14. Family history
15. What drives him/her?
16. Greatest personal setback
17. Major traumatic events if any
18. What infuriates him/her? (Specify if it's a particular event in his her life or if i's something that happens regularly)
19. What makes him/her ecstatic? (Again, specify)
20. What kinds of things makes him/her laugh?
22. Pet peeves?
23. Behavioral distinctions?
Written WordChildren of the written wordWritten Word by ~NathanielFlyingOwl
You wield in your minds, voices and fingers
The weaponry you need to fight for truth
In your minds, the ideas
In your voices, the ways to speak your minds
In your fingers, the tools to record them
Stand up and shout out for truth
Fight against the tyranny of evil
Don't sit back while darkness spreads its filth
Address the night as it is
And hand out forgiveness where it is due
For words of passion and love will endure
Rise, oh warriors of truth
Narrate all you can, oh storytellers
Be observant and watchful, oh poets
Let your diction be your sword
As children of the written word, be strong
And spread your words like a raging wildfire
3 amI awoke 3 am3 am by ~Desert-Winds
to find no roof to crush me,
no walls to restrict me,
and no ground to consume me.
4 seasons of youIn winter you were a spark.4 seasons of you by ~Desert-Winds
In autumn you were a bloodless leaf.
by spring you were a warm flower,
and in summer you were a storm.
This is how you grew.
A fallen petal,
bursting into flames.
The wind would fan you.
The gust would drag you.
At last you’d lay on hollow rocks
while listening to the sound of water